• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806A Quad fuse blows

jnbru

Working on newly acquired MEP 806A. I ran good and made power on 416 volts. Changed down to 208 volts and it blowing the 3 amp fuse. 96 hours showing army reset in 2012. Any ideas on where I should start looking.?

robertsears1

Not to be a jerk but it ran at 416v. Perhaps something put wrong when switching to 208v? I have done it on my 804s but can’t recall the steps right now. I don’t remember if the 3 amp is supposed to be a slow blow type either.

Robert

Guyfang

Staff member
Working on newly acquired MEP 806A. I ran good and made power on 416 volts. Changed down to 208 volts and it blowing the 3 amp fuse. 96 hours showing army reset in 2012. Any ideas on where I should start looking.?
Please tell me what you did to convert it from 416, to 208. Every step.

jnbru

Not sure the name of the plate. Moved the side plate from the from 9 but lug contact to 12 lug contact connections. The guy we bought it from said that was all it took to change it over.

Guyfang

Staff member
Its called TB-1. Re connection board. Well, first thing I might do is move it back, to see what happens. Because if it worked before, and its something connected with TB-1, lets see if re connection corrects the problem. Cant see how, other then TB-1 is miss-wired. But you never know.

jnbru

I just back to generator today. Tried cleaning all the terminals on the wiring harness and returned it 400 volts. It still blew the fuse.

Guyfang

Staff member
Normally I would say that if the Quad fuse blows, the A1 is bad. Check all your wires to A1 and S1 to see if they are hooked up right.

jnbru

I have changed out A1 and T1. I found repair kit for it. That fixed it, but after we hauled it and wired up the building. It blew the fuse again, but worked correctly after I popped one more fuse in it. I don't know why moving and hauling it 10 miles would have caused another fuse to blow. It ran good for an hour powering the building.

robertsears1

It might be a good idea to drop the control panel and with the set off, touch every connection you can find to make sure all are tight. Also, ensure you are grounded well and I am pretty sure if you are powering a building, unbond the ground and neutral. Are you powering three phase equipment in the building?
Robert

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
I have changed out A1 and T1. I found repair kit for it. That fixed it, but after we hauled it and wired up the building. It blew the fuse again, but worked correctly after I popped one more fuse in it. I don't know why moving and hauling it 10 miles would have caused another fuse to blow. It ran good for an hour powering the building.
Was the repair kit, the same manufacturer as the original parts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks