• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No start issue; seeking advice

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could use some help. A little water got into the control box and that was that. So long story short. New box, new temp controller for box, New key switch. New lighting multi switch. New overkill grounding cables (6 of them). New glow plugs as all were open. Two circuit breakers behind gauges tested fine. No wait light or volt gauge, No headlights but do have running lights. Truck will crank but no start. Help please.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Dock Rocker

Have you confirmed that the glow plugs are heating up? My guess is you have a bad or mis matched box and temp sensor and it’s not heating the plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not getting anything on the glow plug circuit. No light or blinking light on run setting. Just blinks the light while cranking. Have to look at just where the power wire goes when put in run setting before the control box. with all the other things not functioning I suspect a relay somewhere not working. Run setting not doing anything.

Mark

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put the military ignition switch back (proper wire connection) and see if that fixes it.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not getting anything on the glow plug circuit. No light or blinking light on run setting. Just blinks the light while cranking. Have to look at just where the power wire goes when put in run setting before the control box. with all the other things not functioning I suspect a relay somewhere not working. Run setting not doing anything.

Mark
Get rid of the keyed ignition...you could have very well also fried your engine harness.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the engine harness fired. ****. Found melted wires. In the market for a new engine harness but what is the difference between the 6.2 and the 6.5 as I have. The listings for a harness all list for the 6.2. It is not a turbo. Thanks for the help.

Mark

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the engine harness fired. ****. Found melted wires. In the market for a new engine harness but what is the difference between the 6.2 and the 6.5 as I have. The listings for a harness all list for the 6.2. It is not a turbo. Thanks for the help.

Mark
6.2 and 6.5 are the same unless you have a 4 speed truck, that harness has TPS connection and is missing the wire to the kickdown on the trans.

12339350 part number is what you need for an A0/A1 truck

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
disconnect battery when doing electrical work. Last thing to re-install is the PCB or EESS. Only after all this should you reconnect batteries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks