• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing Fuel Tank/Lines & Filters

Dasgog

Hello.

I was going to swap out my rusted Fuel tank as well as new sending unit and pump as well as any rubber hoses and then do the conversion for all 3 Fuel filters .

My question was about priming. Is it recommended to fill new filters up with fuel somewhat before starting? Is there a certain way of starting it for the first time with all new components?

It’s a 1972 M35A2 Multi fuel

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put the filters on and once you have everything together, switch on the in tank pump. Let it run for a solid two minutes or so. This will pump fuel all the way to the injection pump and fill all the filters. Then hit the start button. It should fire up nicely.

Dasgog

It is a project I am going to do. Previous owner never drained any of the 3 Fuel canisters and the tank has rust so I wanted to start from scratch and do it all. It is a project I am doing within the next 3 weeks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks