Thread: 1968 M35a2 deuce crew cab project

Thanks

Default 1968 M35a2 deuce crew cab project

I'm thinking about selling my deuce crew cab project. Not completed at the moment, still slowly working on it. I just have too many other projects with other vehicles. I bought it in pretty good condition, with a spare cab, A3 wheels and some extra parts like front light buckets and door parts. Currently the cabs have been welded in together and mounted on frame with stock rear cab mount. Most of the rear floor is done, with exception to the center where I plan on putting an access panel. I began putting a steel frame in for the roof and and have about 70% of the framing in, with no sheeting yet. I have a 105 trailer bed on the back. the trailer was in great condition and just needs to be strapped to the frame(will do next week). I flipped the hubs and put the a3 wheels and 14.5 tires on.

Pros: I also completed the brake upgrade with the later model brakes for split system. I tracked down all the parts needed and have that done, bled and in great shape. There is a remote master reservoir under the hood. Added the third air tank for volume. Has new brake lines on all axles, with new hoses to the frames, new cylinders all around. Axles have had seals replaced and hub seals with new bearings on two axles, the other looked good. New parking brake cable.
    Multifuel, runs good, currently running diesel and atf. Shifts good. Has air shift transfer case. New aftermarket 24v alternator and two good batteries with disconnect. All lighting worked last time I checked. No major rust issues other than some surface on the front inside fenders. Pretty solid truck. Newer front axle shaft u-joint. New front boots but the dang things are cracked already(rubber). Not leaking. Added a muffler to the stack to keep my neighbors and little happier. I have several seat options from the standards seats to some van captains chairs to go as well.

Cons: Has not done any long runs other than on my property since purchase. Has been ran many times to keep stuff flowing. Tires will be needing replaced due to age. I keep them sprayed with tire protectant though. Two rims needs orings replaced soon, I have them here. Two have a very slow leak and two hold well. Obviously the entire rig will need painting, but I had planned to have it dustless blasted and then painted upon completion of project. Although it is in pretty good shape, with the tires I would not attempt long drive home, probably best to ship it. It will do fine getting out to the interstate for pickup.

I am going to continue working on it and will update this as needed, but would like to get it moved to make room for other stuff and free up cash to other projects. Im not in a bind, so I wont give it away for sure. But it would be a nice finished project with the condition overall. I probably wont increase price as I finish stuff, its only really sheetmetal work and paint from here on.

$9000 as is.
    Near Rutherfordton, NC 28139. Close to highway 74 for ease of pickup, viewing etc. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jkcondrey; 09-06-2019 at 09:35. Reason: added pic
    1994 LMTV-LVAD
    1968 AMG m35a2 (crew cab construction currently)

Thanks

Bump, $8000.
    1994 LMTV-LVAD

Thanks

bump
    1994 LMTV-LVAD