• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wireless remote for HYD Mile Marker winch.

daveiaff

Searched SS before I posted. Didn't see anything about subject. I got a 24V Secure Wireless RF Remote Control Relay Switch to control the in and out solenoids of the winch. They are dry contact relays on this unit, so you also have to get power to relays. I will post a diagram of the wiring soon, but it does work. I was concerned about the amp draw to activate relays, this unit will handle 10A at 14v, didn't have specs for amps at 24v. I am now looking for the end of cannon plug "?" that is on the end of wired remote so I can hardwire the control box to it and disconnect when not needed. Thanks71NMLL1RMGL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

daveiaff

The wiring is a little tricky. I set it all up with a battery on bench first and watched what the voltage did on a meter, but forgot to run a test on the B button. The dip switches for a,b buttons are either press and hold to activate or press and release to activate and press again to deactivate. I had A button set up correctly to spool out - released A button and it quits spooling out. Hit the B button to spool in, released button to stop and it didn't - keep spooling in, my choices were to run and pull out control box at dash to stop, luckily I hit the B button again and it had 1 inch before the hook tried to go thru fairlead. I wonder what would of won - cable, the hook ,fairlead or pump.

Last edited:

papakb

These remotes are made in both holding and momentary contact configurations and the momentary is the one you really want. Forgetting to hit the button twice or having someone unfamiliar with your truck could end up causing problems. It might just trip a breaker but overrunning the motor could cause some severe cable jamming issues. I did a similar trick in the back of my 996 ambulance, not with a winch but with some remote control stuff. Drop me a PM if I can help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks