• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A1 pioneer tool trailer - new to me!

Expedition

Picked this up today.

The axle is wrong, standard trailer axle with electric brakes and its way too wide. Going to change that out for sure. Suspect I'll narrow that axle or buy a new one. Thinking 16" steel wheels with 235/85R16 AT tires or something - open to suggestions.

Also need a the landing leg, data plate and safety chains. Plan to swap out the LED boat trailer lights for proper military units and then rework them to 12v.

Fun stuff - great father/son project.

Attachments

Last edited:

Expedition

legs.JPG

Found these pics. Looks like the M101 and M416 are slightly different. Might work, might not. Without having measurements, hard to say for sure.

And it looks like the flat is on the opposite side.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The complete landing legs on m101, m101a1, m101a2, and m101a3 trailers are interchangeable with each other but not the m416s. The leg itself that bolts to the casting (only separate on m101 and m101a1s) is same as on the m416 except for the height (m416 is a bit shorter).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks