• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reflectors for our truck beds...

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an FYI...
I've found the NOS mil surp red reflectors to be crap... They have no manufacturer's or approval markings, and they haze over and fade badly within a few years of exposure. If you need to replace just the RED reflector inserts on your truck bed, I suggest you just buy these instead;
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...-SearchPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-304668365-_-N
Each one of these $2.48 driveway markers has two, 3" red reflectors. The ones I've bought have all been marked SAE and DOT approved. The lenses pop right out of the plastic top ring with some careful hand pressure, and the lens edges are flanged just like the mil-surp reflectors, so they fit right into the existing reflector cups/bezels on your truck bed. I've found they still look brand new long after the mil surp ones go to crap. And, you get a free 48" fiberglass rod with each pair of red reflectors... BONUS!!!

Haven't found an as-cheap flanged/direct fit lens relpacement for the AMBER reflectors yet, but I replaced mine with these NOS assemblies (It's tough to read, but the lenses in the assemblies I got are marked "James King NO. 2050 SAE-DOT ");
https://www.ebay.com/itm/QTY-2-MILI...810086?hash=item4d639e7226:g:-8AAAOSwTA9X40eV
and the amber lenses in these assemblies still look new after 3 years of exposure.

IMG_20190908_135949589.jpg

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Fleetpride and other trailer/truck parts places generally have the metal frame ones for a few dollars if they don't have a bucket of them that are free to grab.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
For years I have used Truck-Lite 47DB and 47ADB lens in my trucks. You can find them most everywhere and if you shop a little some are very cheap. You can use the stick on feature if you want or just mount with the stick on stuff unstuck. By the looks of the ones you are using I would suspect they well might be made by Truck-Lite. Google the numbers and check it out.

And if you want to paint your truck with the reflectors on the box masking the reflectors can be a pain. So buy these 3 inch round precut masking discs. Much easier than trying to mask with regular masking tape and then having to trim around the inside of the reflector mounting. And if you get these masks you can give your friends some free masks cause using the number of discs in this item would mean you would have to buy a lot of trucks. And if you look at some of the other family items in the round disc ad you will find some of the discs you would need to paint the gauge panel in the dash of your truck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y7H69U/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks