• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Switched ignition wires

gbww

Wondering where folks are finding switched ignition wires? I have a 1997 m1088a0. Only one of the fuses switches with ignition.

Any recommendations or spots you may have found would be great!

Thanks

Dan

Ronmar

What are you trying to do? The switch controls relay K2 which in turn powers most of the 24V CB’s if you need switched 12V you are probably going to have to piggyback the coil of a 24V relay off of one of those switched 24V circuits and have it switch 12V from X2...

gbww

I am looking for the switched circuit for adding 12v accessories (stereo, nav, etc) that I want to shut off with the ignition switch.

Ronmar

coachgeo

if you want some things switched that ONLY come on after the "engine is running".... instead of the traditional "not powered on all the time" you could use what RonMar pointed out in post 4 above.... (though it may be 12v solenoid needed) and activate the solenoid off the oil pressure switch on the engine. This is also where the alternator gets its activation signal from so it is only putting forces on the engine "after" it is running and not fighting against the starter etc. while she is still trying to get fired up.

Ronmar

Yep, you could control the wire off the alt field relay(would still need a 24V coil relay).

I believe the excitation delay is there to save the alternator and regulator. While the starter is cranking, the battery voltage is very low. An alternator trying to come online at low RPM with a system voltage turned into a black hole while the starter cranks, will max out the field winding current. Very hard on the alt/reg, far easier on components to bring it online a few seconds later when engine/alt are up to idle RPM and batteries are now lightly loaded...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks