• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure high after oil and filter change

benhasajeep

Well we (wife) changed the oil and filters yesterday. Wix 51133 filters, Rotella 14-40 T-4 oil. Pressure gauge which was working in normal range before the change. Is now reading 90 psi.

From searching I see the pressure regulator in on the right side of the block near the turbo. But why would it all of a sudden stick / fail after an oil change??

Nomad1

I have had oil leaks start right after changing the oil on engines as it can knock loose dirt and grime that was blocking a leak. also clean oil can flow better. Is the oil pressure really that high or is the gauge suddenly off?Is the oil level correct?
Well we (wife) changed the oil and filters yesterday. Wix 51133 filters, Rotella 14-40 T-4 oil. Pressure gauge which was working in normal range before the change. Is now reading 90 psi.

From searching I see the pressure regulator in on the right side of the block near the turbo. But why would it all of a sudden stick / fail after an oil change??

Nomad1

Let us know what you figure out and of coarse if anbody else has any suggestion as far as what might be going on chime in

Merc1973

Mine did the same when I changed from the old pleated paper .gov style to the Metal covered Wix from NAPA. I was thinking its high because there are not many perforations in that outer steel part, restricting oil flow??? It still does reads high to this day, when its warmed up it does lower some.

benhasajeep

The filters that came out were the same style, metal outter band around the filter element. I will probably order a oil pressure gauge or two and install them. See what the pressure really is. Also need to verify that the pressure sender is actually a 120psi sender. Since the gauge is 120. But I am away for work at the moment. So, that is on hold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks