• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 SoCal Fall Rally

DanielsCousin

Another awesome rally for the books! It's always a pleasure seeing those old familiar faces, and snouts (Hi Norris!), and seeing new ones for the very first time. Here's a couple photos I took over the weekend. Didn't get to take as many as I normally would due to all the fun, food, and drinks I was having! This is my first post in a couple of years on a forum so hope this works out :mrgreen:
Obligatory group shots of all the vehicles in attendance out on the dry lake bed:
DSC_1317.JPG DSC_1318.JPG

True Knight and MAdams towering trying to scare the 6 cylinders away :eek:
DSC_1283.JPG
vvwilkins showing us that all you need to make it up a challenging obstacle is a little weight reduction [thumbzup]
DSC_1320.JPG DSC_1321.JPG DSC_1322.JPG DSC_1328.JPG
MAdams struting his stuff:
DSC_1333.JPG

Hanging out with the locals:
DSC_1342.JPG DSC_1344.JPG

I'll post a couple more shots later!

Last edited:

vvwilkins

@DanielsCousin: So Great to meet You Too! Thanks for the Pics of THOR! Yes, the bed of THOR was scrambled eggs after several attempts on that hill - Great Fun! I should post a pic of the extra 5gal Jerry Can I had strapped (briefly) to the bed of the truck - totally beat up after that :)

DanielsCousin

We stumbled upon some squatters on this Flinstones era abode. It looked like some kind of B.C. crack shack:
DSC_1382.JPG DSC_1386.JPG DSC_1387.JPG

True Knight trying to scare away this shady looking protester:
DSC_1389.JPG DSC_1392.JPG

Back at camp making good use of the wood saltydeuce donated:
DSC_1355.JPG DSC_1370.JPG

Some night shots to wrap this one up. We have a quick group shot of the muscle, my Pathfinder right as we're getting ready to head out and a shot of the desert as everyone went home.
DSC_1365.JPG DSC_1354_1.JPG DSC_1398.JPG

Can't wait for the next one!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are some awesome pics! I might have to print a few of those pictures and use them as wall art at my house

DanielsCousin

A couple more from the cutting room floor for good measure 8)

Crown Vic time trials:
DSC_1278.JPG DSC_1281.JPG

vvwilkins and the group:
DSC_1284.JPG DSC_1286.JPG

One of the locals, FastNova strongman competition tryouts, and True Knight with his Agent Smith impression:
DSC_1347.JPG DSC_1369.JPG DSC_1381.JPG

True Knight filling up a rear view mirror:
DSC_1388.JPG DSC_1390.JPG DSC_1391.JPG

That pretty much does it for my photos of the event. I'll make sure to snap more next time around!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20191011_142949_HDR.jpg
Here's the younger generation fighting with a tire. Notice: True Knight throwing his hands up in frustration.20191011_144146_HDR.jpg The folks with a little more callous on their hands have to step in, grab them by the back of the collar to show them how it's done.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I meant you were frustrated with Rigo struggling with the tire, but if you want to me to refer to you as part of the younger generation I need to put myself in that group too.

True Knight

HMMWV:

Goliath staying warm by the fire:

7 Ton coming over the hill:

FastNova inspecting the small amount of firewood left for Friday and Saturday nights:

5 ton at the mine:

7 Ton and 5 Ton at the top of the cliff:

Last edited:

True Knight

The line up at the dry lake:

7 Ton racing across the dry lake:

7 Ton:

7 Ton coming down the hill:

5 Ton coming down after successfully climbing the tailing pile:

Moonrise over the little Jeep:

Last edited:

1Sinner

Well shoot. Apparently I should have been paying more attention in this section instead of trying to do all my research in the hot rodding and general 5 ton section. You all were pretty much in my back yard. I'm in North Edwards, about 45 minutes from Barstow/Yermo area. Looks like a fun outing. Would have been nice to meet a few guys and talk a little shop since I'm new to the 5 ton game. Well, if anyone ends up heading up the 58 sometime and wants to stop for a frosty beverage, hit me up.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The next get together is in April for the Spring Rally.
I found a few pictures of the first nights campfire. We stood up a pine tree on end and this made for a really tall fire
20191010_195720.jpg
20191010_195644.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks