• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center bar on trucks.

ramdough

I noticed that some FMTV years had a center bar running vertically at the center of the windshields and some do not. From what I can tell, the A1 trucks do not have the bar. I think some A0’s do not, but I am not sure.

What year or models have/don’t-have the bar (not talking about air drop versions)?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I noticed that some FMTV years had a center bar running vertically at the center of the windshields and some do not. From what I can tell, the A1 trucks do not have the bar. I think some A0’s do not, but I am not sure.

What year or models have/don’t-have the bar (not talking about air drop versions)?

Thanks

That is a gun ring support.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?151342-Windshield-vents-and-roof-support-not-compatable

ramdough

coachgeo

Thanks for the link. So, if a truck once had a gun mounted, did they add the support, or is that more random?

If I have no intent to mount an actual gun ring and hardware, is the center support not needed? If you have one, can it be removed and a NOS vent plate added?

Thanks!

As easy as these cabs crush in an accident I would keep anything to help save you and passengers craniums installed.... just my .02

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That strut provides a slick way to get wires from the dash to the ceiling, in case you add electronics up there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks