• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse issue

jimbo66348

I installed some lights from a wire under the passenger side of the dash on my 91 923. I was installing a bulb and the socket shorted out. Now I have no power. I turned off the truck and nothing reset. Can someone please tell me where the breakers are.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I installed some lights from a wire under the passenger side of the dash on my 91 923. I was installing a bulb and the socket shorted out. Now I have no power. I turned off the truck and nothing reset. Can someone please tell me where the breakers are.
Breakers reset themselves automatically . What is the number on the tag for the wire you were hooked into?

Possible issues are the fuse under the dash, this is probably more so if your abs light is on. Or you blew a solenoid in the control box, this is more likely if you have zero dash/gauge power or the truck wont start.

But start with what the tag number is and i can tell you were to start chasing

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So what has no power? Just that wire you are using? Are the gauges for the coolant, trans temp, oil pressure and battery light not working? Or is that what you are saying has no power?

Dashboard gauges tend to power up thru the PCB solenoids

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Circuit breaker for wire 37 is on the drivers side of the engine bay on the firewall. There are two. This one will be near where the tach cable comes thru the firewall. That power branches into the harness as wire 10 and goes to the terminal D on the protective control box plug which gets its power from the bottom solenoid in the box. Which is the continous duty solenoid

The dash gauges get power thru the same terminal D on the control box but their circuit breaker is under the dash above the steering shaft.

So basic diagnostics. If your gauges arent working then you blew the control box solenoid. If the gauges work then you are isolating on that 10 wire. Take your test light and check for power on 37_87 with the truck power on and the starter switch on but the truck turned off. If younhave power then go figure. If no power check it at the breaker under the hood. If you have it there but not coming thru the breaker replace the breaker. If no power at the breaker than you check for power at terminal D on the PCB. But if you get that far then your gauges are not working

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks. The gages all work. All new solenoids, got rid of all the electronics in the PCB. I will check tomorrow and see what I find. Again thanks.
There shouldnt be any electronics in the PCB. It is simply 2 solenoids and diodes. If you are talking about the chipboard then basically all that is just a diode.

If you did not put any diodes when you replaced the solenoids then you knocked something out by not protecting it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks