• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hunting for Allison 1545 front pump

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,

I recently acquired an M35A3. The transmission went out for a rebuild because of the typical 4th/reverse scenario. All is done - with the exception of tracking down a new front pump.

Anybody have any leads on one? I've tried Defeo and Drapco so far with no luck.

Thank you,
SJ

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Try transtar. They bought out Daaco Detroit a few years back. Daaco used to be the main torque converter company

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try transtar. They bought out Daaco Detroit a few years back.
Negative with transtar, tkt, defeo, darpco.

2 thoughts:

1)borrow a loaner from someone and get a buddy to machine one.

2)has anybody put either a AT-545 or a MT-643 in the truck instead? Does the truck need that lock up for braking?

Thanks,
SJ

rustystud

Negative with transtar, tkt, defeo, darpco.

2 thoughts:

1)borrow a loaner from someone and get a buddy to machine one.

2)has anybody put either a AT-545 or a MT-643 in the truck instead? Does the truck need that lock up for braking?

Thanks,
SJ
The lock-up is for fuel mileage only. You can totally use a standard AT540 transmission if you so choose.
You can also try calling "All Automatic" at 1-800-461-6839 .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks