• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PIN numbers for VIM connectors.

PFH

I know I saw the illustration someplace of the pin #’s of the two connectors to the VIM, connector PX33 or J116(?). Please, someone point me in the correct direction. The Trans keypad has no power, need to continuity test. Thank’s

PFH

I found that one, the one I need shows a end pic of both connectors with each pin have a letter and number designation. Like A1, A2, A3, / B1, B2, B3, and so on.

PFH

These? The connector shells should have the row numbers molded in them either inside or outside the connector shell.
That’s the one,,,,thank you. I had a nice sunny day today (been raining for a week), got in the truck with meter, jumpers and ipad with TMs, and could not for my life, find that drawing. So I couldn’t get past the first step in the troubleshooting ladder. I’ll just try again tomorrow. Thanks again.

ps, the connectors on mine have no markings.

PFH

That was an easy fix. I have been waiting for a week to get all the replacement relays so I could rule those out. Got the relays swapped in and sit down with the TM and volt meter. The first step in the TM troubleshooting ladder asked if I had 12volts to pin J2 in connector PX33, there was not voltage to that pin. Chased wire 1900 back to CB35 where I found a burnt nick in wire 1900 caused by the fried starter wire I replace last week. Run a new wire (replacing 1900) from the VIM connector PX35 to CB35, turned on master power, the dash and keypad came alive, pushed the start button, and the engine started right up. I am so glad I can move on to the next phase. Thanks again for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks