• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock Alternator M925A2

sassriverrat

Good Morning!

Anyone ever tried fitting one of those C.E. Niehoff N1609 alternators onto one of these trucks? I haven't seen one in person but from what I found, doesn't look like the size is too big for the hole- but it's a heck of a lot of alternator to spin.
Figured I could charge anything afterwards....at 570 amps....

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That alternator is useless unless you are powering up alot of radio or radar equipment. The biggest load i can throw on my truck is 98 amps with the truck running, air conditioning on high. All lights on. Even extra lighting. Trailer hydraulic pump drawing on truck batteries and slaved to a dead 5 ton.

Those alternators are also not reliable at all. You would need to make a bracket that is strong enough to hold it as well.

I was able to pick up 175 and 275amp Delco alternators off ebay in the $350 range.

sassriverrat

I wasn't sure. I'm building a camper that is 24v so I figured the ability for the truck to actually charge the bank in the camper would be nice- I've got a gen set too but the interconnect cable would have been nice.

Surprised on the reliability though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks