• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaned up the interior and started “soundproofing” the interior

PFH

Had some time last week while I was waiting on relays (pretty much have order everything from mainland). So I removed the seats, paneling and flooring, wire wheeled all the surfaces. After wiping it down real good with alcohol, I used the diy hurculiner bed liner to cover almost everything. Used 2 gallons, with 5 coats, it is now about 3/8” thick. I’ve used this in a lot of Jeep projects and like how it muffles the rattles. This is just the first layer sound control, and will be completely sealed and covered with a layer of Rockwool, then a layer of MLV, then the interior fabric. by the time the rest is done, it will be totally incapsulated to eliminate the off gassing smell. Even after a week of curing, I can’t smell anything.

Attachments

Last edited:

PFH

Haven’t done much more to the interior yet. I will be using the fiber batting(sp?). I needed to put the box on the back to line up the pass through between the camper and the cab, to cut the hole in the cab. After I have the hole cut, I can trim out the hole and get back to the sound suppressing.

Attachments

PFH

It’s started as a 14’ x 8’ box off a box truck (moving van) I got from a salvage yard. I added another 2’ by sectioning the box on the cab end.

PFH

This is what I’ve got done to the inside so far. I always wanted a cabin in the mountains but never did, so I’m making the inside have a cabin look to it, sort of. Put 2.5” of insulation in all the walls and ceiling, then used 1x6 t&g bamboo for the wall. Has a kitchen with an apartment size old gas stove, 12volt frig, 12v freezer, microwave and sink. The sitting area is about 8’ x 6’ with wood burning stove with tv above it. All the windows are getting swapped out for double glazed awing windows w/inside screens. The bed is over the 175 gallon water tank and a bunch of storage drawers. To the side of the that is a small bathroom w/shower, sink and incinerator toilet. Still a lot more work left, but little by little it will get done.

Attachments

PFH

Thank you for the praise. Just doing what I can on limited budget and lack places to get the fancy materials. Most of the stuff for the inside is second hand and came from Habitat for humanity and Craigslist. The walls are used bamboo flooring, the kitchen counter is a mahogany headboard for a bed, the entrance door is the lid and few inches of the top edge (door frame) from a truck toolbox, and so on. Again, thank you.

19Detail

The fact that you did all that with second hand stuff makes it even cooler. That is some nice work and you will soon have your cabin in the woods, and in the city, and at the Walmart...

PFH

Thanks, I just got back home from an awesome trip to SEMA. Got a lot of great ideas from the builds there. Fun trip but glad to be home. I going to catch up on my chores, then get back to working on the truck. Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks