• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compressor Truck in SoCal needs home to avoid Scrapper

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Even in parts to someone who needs, would be able to gather up what they need.

Heading out to a salvage yard or two in the morning to hunt for parts. Or maybe a whole vehicle.

DavidWymore

Pictures from dragging the compressor truck and parts truck to our yard a while back.
Please pass on the compressor truck to hobbyists who might want it. Too much of a project for me, and if I can’t find a home for it, will eventually have to scrap it.
Need to get better pics of it.

Attachments

cucvmule

collector of stuff
The climate in Cali must be right to keep iron from rusting away. I wish that here in Missouri we had the climate that helps keep the scrapper away.

On top of rust we have Gremlins here also. :derailed:

DavidWymore

This part of Cali is usually dry, but is very salty. If you add water, you get rust bad in a hurry. Don't let metal touch dirt, or vice versa.

DavidWymore

You guys have suggestions on what to do with this thing? Anyone know anyone who would be interested in it?

The truck is so rough, I'm thinking to pull the bed off and save it and part what's left of the truck. Powertrain and one diff is missing.

fleetmech

I'd be interested, if only there weren't quite a large continent to cross...

Maybe there is a museum/ historic railroad/ antique engine club in the area who could find a use for it? That looks like the sort of compressor that would do well cold running preserved steam engines, cleaning out boilers or air starting big stationary Diesels.

HDN

I wonder if it would help to ping a mod to ask to move this thread to the Conversations board since not everyone visits the deuce board. Using that board I helped a 5-ton tractor wrecker find a new home after a local museum was considering scrapping it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks