• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 with stuck brake adjustment handles on driver's side

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My trailer and I live near the ocean.

Rust is the norm.

Left trailer brake handle won't turn to adjust. Right "passenger's side" handle is fine.

I was WD-40'ing things and noticed the handle won't rotate to adjust on the left.

Is this a common issue and what should I do? Gonna use a fabric wrench later to gently try to coax her to move, and maybe consider a propane torch to heat her up, BUT I don't want to exert too much force and bend the whole assembly.

Ideas before I start whacking away?

Best,

T

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WD-40 is worthless for long term corrosion Protection.

I use ACF50.
We use it on the helicopters and it stops corrosion long term and is a great lube also

Spray a good penetrate oil on and in it and let it sit for a day or two.
Repeat the spray a few times during that time.
Then see if it will break loose.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but for initial penetration and water displacement I like WD40. Then I will use your suggestion.

Thanks,

T

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe put i plastic back over it after soaking it so it stays wet and soaks in good?? Like a greenhouse??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks