• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce M35A3 questions

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M35A3 with an Allison Trans . Did they all have lock up converters? My neighbor says he runs Plain hydralic fluid in his ( automatic 5 tons) and has done so for years. Your thoughts?
also does the M35A3 and a 5 ton have the same trans? If not will they interchange? Im really leaning towards an A3 a friends dad has available.
Thanks -appreciate any info...

rustystud

The M35A3 with an Allison Trans . Did they all have lock up converters? My neighbor says he runs Plain hydralic fluid in his ( automatic 5 tons) and has done so for years. Your thoughts?
also does the M35A3 and a 5 ton have the same trans? If not will they interchange? Im really leaning towards an A3 a friends dad has available.
Thanks -appreciate any info...
The M35A3 uses the Allison AT1545 series transmission. It came with a "lock-up" torque converter. The standard AT540 series never had a lock-up torque converter. As far as the differences between the 2.5 ton and 5 ton trucks transmissions goes. The 2.5 ton (M35A3 Deuce) used the AT1545 transmission rated up to 36,000 Ib vehicles. The 5 ton (M939) used the MT640/MT650 series transmission rated up to 73,000 Ib vehicles, and a input torque of 640 ft Ibs.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks