• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump fuel pin

derby

Hello all , I have an issue with the multifuel fuel pin location. I have an lds2 that I saved for my dump truck that I won't be needing. I have not tried to start it in years. Long story short, the fuel pin was sticking holding it in the off position. I tried cleaning it externally but no luck. I removed it, marked the location but when I went to reassemble it I can't see my mark.
How do I clock it in the proper position?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pin rides in the plunger sleeve to control fuel and is part of the fuel control assembely. Does the TM I posted answer what you need?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go the the TM section and pull up TM 9-2910-226-34 page 3-35 for a good pic. If what I think you are saying you took the fuel control unit apart to get it working free. If you removed the nut that holds the arm on the assembly and pull it apart it should have had splines on it. You can only get the 87* if you chose the correct spline. If you go to the next spline it's more like 91* if I remember. Then when correct the pin will be to the front or facing the front of the engine and horizonal. Also don't forget to check the 0.023 minimum clearance between the arm and fuel control assembly. As said pull up TM and look at the pics.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks