• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2019 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. M1078MAN
M1078MAN.jpg

2. fuzzytoaster
fuzzytoaster.jpg

3. Andyrv6av8r
Andyrv6av8r.jpg

4. TurboMustang370
TurboMustang370.jpg

5. cantwait
cantwait.jpg

6. ReoRider
ReoRider.jpg

7. 71DeuceAK
71DeuceAK.jpg

8. Robo McDuff
Robo McDuff.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will get active once I am back at my main computer with the pictures. For now, the most important pics from the repair activities in the Netherlands as I showed them in last month's competition.

DSC_0004_resize.jpg . IMG_8552_resize.jpg . 2011 07 July 11 .jpg

The truck in it's original form as 6x6 dump truck, removing the dump bed, and the tractor version.

2011 July APK  018.jpg . 2011 July APK  023_resize.jpg

Needed to add extra main lights at the front because the original lights are too much in the centre. With that done, the truck got its original serial number put back into the frame and the truck became a street-legal dump truck / tractor combo.

Also have a look at the pictures and the story I added last month

ReoRider

013.jpg
Hi All,
A little background on the 1942 Ford GPA Amphibious Jeep. It really is Jeep based, with a frame, engine, and 4 wheel drive power train all taken from the basic wartime Jeep. Additions are made with a PTO to run the propeller and the bilge pump(when needed!). Rubber boots protect both the drive shaft entrances and the steering linkage as they go through the hull. The exhaust runs out the right front side about at the water line. A capstan winch (as used with the Jeep and Weasel) is driven by the engine with a selectable engagement from the dash.

Now the hard to believe part: I got this GPA, back in the day, by trading it for an M37 3/4 ton. Was a hard choice since the Dodge had made a 10,000 mile trip to the CDN NW territories, down through the Rockies and back home, requiring only an adjustment to the voltage regulator. Then spend many years restoring other vehicles while gathering up many NOS parts for the GPA.

Rebuilt engine and all power train parts so she runs like new. Minimal modifications (all removable): used an aftermarket aluminum high compression head in anticipation of the extra 1000 pounds of weight; installed a drop in M38 waterproof distributor and wiring in anticipation of some water getting on the ignition at some point.

View attachment 776822018.jpg

ReoRider

GPA cont.

Lots of ducting to get air to run through the radiator when the surf is up and the deck hatches are closed.
016.jpg 011.jpgAll dressed up at VT car show.

050.jpg051.jpg048.jpgDon't need a pick-up and trailer.
088.jpg093.jpg094.jpgPedal to the metal and easing her out.
IMG_1362.jpggpa5.jpgIMG_3205.jpgIMG_3284.jpgIMG_3710.jpgIMG_3714.jpg

Tied up at dock for lunch//
Back in the day they were chick magnets//
Added an air pressure system to the axles// New lake to try!

Attachments

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Wow the MV's up for Top are incredible again this month. After the talk about the pool and the MV jetski, and now a GPA with the summer ending and the lake shot.

Well it is hard to resist, but the one question that I have is,
"where is the diving board".
You know a fella has to have an edge to get the Gals.:)

Migginsbros

Sure, the GPA is one off the favorites this month. Remembered me flying over the the water at Pleasanton, CA in Okt. 1989.:cool::cool:

pleasanton.jpg

Powerboat World Championsship (Outboard) O 500.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
fuzzytoaster the front tires on the 817A1 are monsters. I have to wonder if the tires on your Truck are enough to float it. I would imagine that if you had to float to get somewhere you could take one of the tires off and travel a great distance.

That is one Tough Truck. The 817A1 has my vote this month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks