• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803 Voltage Regulator

justicelee26

Just got a new voltage regulator that seems defective. My old one still works but will spike the voltage after operating fine for a while. I asked this question before and didn’t get any responses so I figure I’ll give it one last go. Is there any alternative to the stock voltage regulator? My brand new one isn’t regulating when I release the master switch from start so I’m looking for a more reliable option. Thanks.

Guyfang

Staff member
I didn't get into this thread, as I like to fix things, and doing a mod, just isn't my thing. BUT, I do seem to remember hearing a long time ago, of someone in the forum installing a non standard Volt Reg. Cant remember who, what or why, as its not my interest. But I think I remember reading an old, old thread about it.

So, are you sure its the same volt reg? The 400 hertz volt reg looks the same. Are the part numbers the same as your old one?

If you bought it, and it doesn't work, cant you send it back?

You called it new, is it? Or a take out?

justicelee26

Thanks, I’ll try to find that old thread. The new voltage regulator is the exact right part and I probably will send it back. It is new and looks perfect but right after I installed it I was only getting 30 volts out of the terminal lugs so it just didn’t seem to do its job. If I was better with circuit boards I would try to fix both but I’m just looking for a better solution at this point.

Triton

Just got a new voltage regulator that seems defective. My old one still works but will spike the voltage after operating fine for a while. I asked this question before and didn’t get any responses so I figure I’ll give it one last go. Is there any alternative to the stock voltage regulator? My brand new one isn’t regulating when I release the master switch from start so I’m looking for a more reliable option. Thanks.

Try these guy's, they have repaired my regulator with good results
https://www.flightsystems.com/

Triton

I'm not an electrical guy but I think it was some diodes and something with a heat sink. I don't remember how much it cost but it was worth me doing it vs. the cost of a replacement

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks