• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Geared Hub Leaking

drowens1

My right rear geared hub is leaking. I would like to know if anyone knows where to find a mechanical schematic of the components so that I can figure out what I need to get it stopped. I've looked at the tech manuals but I don't see anything that gives anything except what grease to use and where to put it.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seals often give up after several years, I’ve replaced several of mine and other friend’s. If you haven’t opened and inspected each of your hubs I strongly recommend it. The TM will walk you through it. Check those bearings. If a seal is bad it might let water in to do its dirty work on the bearings. It’s tedious, yes, but it’s straightforward and not hard to do (open and inspect). Do get some Permatex anaerobic sealant as called for in the TM for the inspection door.
If you clean and paint the hubs while you’re down there working on them, it will be easier to work on them the next time. There will be a next time.
Bulldogger

drowens1

I'm new at finding tech manuals. I looked in the tech manual section of this forum but I didn't see the tech manual number you mentioned.
Is there some where I can find this manual or am I just not seeing it.
TM-9-2320-280-24P-1
PAGE 555

Has an entire breakout schematic of every part

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks