• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV can air spring alternative

Strobi1

I know the topic of cab air spring replacement has been going on for while now. I've replaced one of mine with a PP997900, but seems to be impossible to get nowadays (Ohio hydraulics: 20 week lead time and may not get). I can't find where anyone has tried to retrofit a normal over the road truck air ride into our trucks? It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. That's why I'm posting this. I must be overlooking something. I could see needing something to account for the higher side-loads when off-road maybe? I figured I'd throw it out there so I can get educated. Of course the reason this is on my radar is because I have a trip planned in a week and need a quick solution . Thanks for the help!

-Andreas
96 LMTV M1078A0 BAE

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

coachgeo

...can't find where anyone has tried to retrofit a normal over the road truck air ride into our trucks? It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. That's why I'm posting this. I must be overlooking something. I could see needing something to account for the higher side-loads when off-road maybe? I figured I'd throw it out there so I can get educated. Of course the reason this is on my radar is because I have a trip planned in a week and need a quick solution . Thanks for the help!

-Andreas
96 LMTV M1078A0 BAE...
with our trucks it is a little more difficult IMHO cause it appears our rear of cab is actually supported fully by the suspension system...... there is no other support..... where in other rigs like big rigs there is more to it... some have panhard bars, some have a leaf spring running port and starbord as well. One thing to these beside suspension is also locating the cab; while our hoop negates that need "suspension wise".... each also keeps the cab from getting shoved out of place in an accident. May not be too fun to have your cab separate from the truck as it rolls over...

another words.... it's not just suspension to keep in mind. Then there is the shock... most over the road systems the shock; which is often external, not internal to the bag like on our rigs.

that being said a new system has literally just hit the market be it a bit expensive.. As you might suspect there is recent threads on it.

https://youtu.be/vSd2CLzEnD0?fbclid=IwAR37JYM_pRkhb7FbkyGDcR-H3i2KMH9g3ZMRRHRbDlDPefiTXWw22O0hP-8

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks