• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting M916A3 into fire service

IAfirefarmer

Hey all,
Looking for some help. My department is in the final stages of converting a M916A3 6x6 into a tanker/tender with wild land operations compatibility. We have a 300 gpm Gorman Rupp hydraulic pump we want to mount on the left side for water pumping but are unsure of how the pto hydraulic pump works on this particular truck. Any info on pressure, gpm, hydraulic flow, how to plumb lines, etc would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS Side Note: The M916A3 did have a DP 53324 winch on it which we removed to put a 2500 gallon tank off a m978 hermtt (we believe). Will post pictures of the truck later when I get some.

Attachments

NEIOWA

The Gorman Rupp pump and SS tank are both off M97 HEMTT rcvd from DOD surplus. Objective is set up for pump and roll.

M916A3 winch 1.jpgM916A3 winch 2.jpg
We also the have complete M916A3 winch (45000lb) hydraulic pallet available to sell. Appears the cable has never been unspooled and tractor only had 3000mi when picked up so I'll call it as unused.

Last edited:

NEIOWA

Old Stanley Tanker 514 had the 2500gal HEMTT tank on a 1991 F900. The new tanker has same tank on M916A3. A big upgrade.Stanley 514 LF Mar16.jpg
image000000.jpgimage000001.jpgimage000002.jpgimage000003.jpgimage000004.jpg

NEIOWA

The M530 Duece I think, had a the fire pump direct connection to the PTO. Works OK on smooth surface but less satisfactory where working cross county. Throttle bouncy causing pressure fluctuations. Thus hydraulic driven pump to smooth out the flow.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just purchase one of the AP32 fire units and convert the unit over. The whole trucks sell for 2500 or so

dmetalmiki

The M530 Duece I think, had a the fire pump direct connection to the PTO. Works OK on smooth surface but less satisfactory where working cross county. Throttle bouncy causing pressure fluctuations. Thus hydraulic driven pump to smooth out the flow.
Nope..we can drive and fire on the fly over any type of ground, much the same as the P30s can. (and strikers etc).
They (All) do not fluctuate, The throttles are pre set..and off you go.
Where planes (crash( unfortunately)), they can operate. In the mode and tactical function as intended.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks