• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting problem

juan lopez jr

hey fellas, I'm new to Steel Soldiers, i Have a 1984 M925 5ton that wont start, I'm getting voltage, but, when i activate engine start switch, i get a sound from behind/under the cab, and nothing at the starter, any help/advice to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Scrounger

There are several things that could be a problem. Whenever this “problem” occurs the first place to check is the Protection Control Box (PCB). It is the large metal box under the hood on the firewall, in front of the driver. It has a couple of connectors with a bunch of wires coming out of the bottom. There are mechanical relays in the PCB that tend to go bad. Take a hammer and hit on the top of the box a few times. Then check and see if the truck will start. It can take more than a couple of tries. If the truck starts, then the box will need to be replaced.

If that doesn’t work, then it is time to break out the test light and multi-meter.

Try hitting the PCB first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks