• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to look at my first m923 today. What do I need to be aware of?

1Sinner

It's a 1990 BMY non red river truck. Looking to purchase and turn into a monster tow pig/adventure camper. Its titled, plated, and seems to be solid. But, I have never owned a heavy truck before. What are some dead stops on a 5 ton? What little things should I check? I'm a solid mechanic but am unfamiliar with the platform.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tire sidewall cracks mean blowout eminent and subtract cost of 7 tires from selling price.

1Sinner

Took about an hour and a half to go through the truck, everything works, trans and transfer case shift well, all fluids look good, engine was cold and started well, got to do a road and offroad test. All lights work, air system is solid. Needs front axle seals and will need tires soon. He agreed to a 2k price reduction for tires and seals. I will be picking it up next week as he is local to me. Will shortly be doing timing change, fuel button and charge air cooler (have a leftover one from my 7.3 diesel build. Plans are to build a custom RV enclosure for the tractor and remove the bed and turn it into a vehicle hauler. Seems a very solid truck to start with. I'm excited.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks