• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement seat options

ramdough

All,

I did a search and did not find a thread specifically for options. This thread is to provide a single location for listing all the options people have tried.

Can everyone post the seat they used to replace the stock seats.

Please include:

1. What vehicle make, model, and year you used.
2. Pictures of the seat installed (if you have one).
3. Pictures of the bracket adapter and/or a description of how it is mounted.
4. How well you like them.
5. Optionally a link to your build thread where you discuss your seats if someone wants more info.

Hopefully people find this condensed list useful.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Areed

Due to the industry that in im going to put a set of PRP seats in my LMTV. It's a suspension seat that can also recline so it will be very comfortable.
Something like this.20190917_135613.jpg20190917_135507.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

snowtrac nome

The seats I liked, and wished I could find were the suspension seats used in the lsac cabs, they looked military, but I could nap at lunch time in them they were so comfortable. I believe they were made by mastercraft if I remember right.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2012ish Toyota Prius. Remove welded and riveted feet leaves 2 straight sliders that only need 2 flat plate bars welded across. very easy and extremely comfortable.

8083.jpg 15745.jpg

Last edited:

ramdough

If you're on FB there is a group that has a number of posts regarding seats and custom installations:

"LMTV MTV Military Trucks" and search for "seats"

View attachment 777022

View attachment 777023

View attachment 777024

View attachment 777026

View attachment 777027
Thanks for the pictures. I am not on Facebook, so I cannot ask questions there. Trying to minimize social media.

Please post your details with the pictures so people and duplicate your designs without having to figure out the details.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

Please post your details with the pictures so people and duplicate your designs without having to figure out the details.
I'm actually running the A1-R seats. They were changed to a suspension seat design opposed to having a steel plate under your butt. They are quite comfortable and I honestly won't be changing a thing. But the OEM seats prior to these were rubbish and feel like brick as I'm sure you know.

The images I posted above were just random grabs from the FB group. Not mine...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a older Toyota Supra leather seats with electric and recline but yet to hook up the electric controls. As for install took cheap way and drilled the four bolt holes in the cab. Yea I should have, could have done a better job but they are in there and much more comfortable.

coachgeo

seats from 2000 era Mitsubishi Spyder sports car. Mounted..... they do awesome but then again nothing longer than an hour trip so far. long term plan; but much further down road into the build, is to lay 3" memory foam on them.... tie some fabric over it to form the foam to the seat a bit..... then stuff over that a "middle of the road" in quality, waterproof seat cover. have all the supplies.... just not ready yet.. other priorities.

post with pics on this is at https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...r-LMTV-today&p=2150284&viewfull=1#post2150284

Last edited:

Third From Texas

the cooling mention is what confuses me..... heating; suspect that is seat heaters.. but cooling? Did one of the sets of seats have a buttox cool system in it?
Actually, yes there are. I've seen off-road cars with airflow from a pumper hooked up. I've seen some cheesy looking slip-on kits with little fans (seemed like a quite uncomfortable design). And I've seen some very elaborate ventilation systems.

Third From Texas

Heated and cooled air ride seats are common. little pricey unless you find a wrecked truck. Low profile air ride seats work in the LMTVs just fine

https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/isr...-with-heat-cooling--dual-arms?categoryid=2391
Those are awesome seats but my little legs would dangle. LOL

Given that the OEM seats are below the engine cowl, I'm not certain that I could reach the pedals if the seat were as high as the cowling. But air-rides would be pretty far up there. Would be nice, though (if I had human sized legs).

Heh

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks