• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed mounting holes

Honest Bob

So I am getting a cucv frame ready to accept my 75 c30's body and I seem to be missing the second set (starting at the rear of the cab) of bed mounting holes on the frame for the bed. Is this normal? Maybe I ended up with a M1010 frame?

dependable

Just guessing, but the chevy C-K series pickups changed a lot around 1982. I'm pretty sure all the frames in given production type would have come with a standard set of holes. They certainly did not build a special frame for the M1010(wire harness, yeah, but not frame).

I could be wrong, best bet might be to measure compare a 70's and 80's C/K bed and see if bolts are in same position.

cucvrus

The M1010 has the same frame as every K30. I made at least 7 pickup snow plow trucks out of M1010 CUCV's. All the way back thru the years the 73 GM bed fit on a 1987 GM truck frame. The M1010 had about 12 inches added to the rear frame. Now a cab chassis frame may be a bit of different story. I doubt it but it is possible. Good Luck.

Honest Bob

Just guessing, but the chevy C-K series pickups changed a lot around 1982. I'm pretty sure all the frames in given production type would have come with a standard set of holes. They certainly did not build a special frame for the M1010(wire harness, yeah, but not frame).

I could be wrong, best bet might be to measure compare a 70's and 80's C/K bed and see if bolts are in same position.
I'll have to do that and see what I find.
The M1010 has the same frame as every K30. I made at least 7 pickup snow plow trucks out of M1010 CUCV's. All the way back thru the years the 73 GM bed fit on a 1987 GM truck frame. The M1010 had about 12 inches added to the rear frame. Now a cab chassis frame may be a bit of different story. I doubt it but it is possible. Good Luck.
I'm probably missing something.

nyoffroad

So I am getting a cucv frame ready to accept my 75 c30's body and I seem to be missing the second set (starting at the rear of the cab) of bed mounting holes on the frame for the bed. Is this normal? Maybe I ended up with a M1010 frame?
All Chevy trucks with 8' bed that I know of between 73-87 had 8 bed mounting bolts, I think the holes are there just hiding.
Stupid question, are you sure you don't have a Blazer frame? If so not all is lost but your in for a lot of body work shortening the bed.

nyoffroad

OH boy this brings back some memories! Do you have the front sheet metal on yet? I seem to remember that the core support mounts are at a different height. It's been so long I'm not sure I think we used to have to put a Ford Crown Vic or a hockey puck on top of the stock rubber bushing. The Ford 'bushing' was perferd because it is adjustable from about 1/2" to 1 1/2"

Honest Bob

OH boy this brings back some memories! Do you have the front sheet metal on yet? I seem to remember that the core support mounts are at a different height. It's been so long I'm not sure I think we used to have to put a Ford Crown Vic or a hockey puck on top of the stock rubber bushing. The Ford 'bushing' was perferd because it is adjustable from about 1/2" to 1 1/2"
Not yet. I got a body mount kit for a mid 80's squarebody which from what I have read should work on the newer frame with the older body. However I dont have my hopes up as my 75 seems to have alot of weird parts. Hydroboost parts were different, gas tank brackets have a different bolt pattern than my 77 parts truck and cucv frame and now the bed mounting hole situation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks