• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idle adjustment

cucvrus

I thought you could do it with a screw on the injection pump. Never gave it much thought. But I think the stop side of the linkage has a set screw you can adjust.

I just had a brand new injector pump installed on my M1009. I drove it home today, and the vehicle has never ran better, or smoother. But, when l would pull up to a stop, the motor would die. I thought if it were an easy adjustment to make to raise the idle speed, l would try that. If not, l will have to return it to the shop on Monday.

TGP (IL)

There is a adjustment screw on the throttle linkage, left side of the injection
Pump.

You should download the TMs if you haven't already and study them.

Tom

cucvrus

Tom: Please when you do discover the procedure to turn up the idle post it here on this thread so the next guy knows and has the information right at his finger tips. Not having to dive into TM's and study hard. Just a simple solution to the low idle issue and the adjustment. Thank you. Helping out a CUCV owner one at a time. Good Day.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM would have been the first place I would have looked.
In the time it took to post the question here, the answer could have found in the TM.

Of course we all are here to help, but guys also need to do their due diligence.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Definitely worth the time to just brows and spend time to get familiar with looking threw the TM's. And if you have a printer then print out what you need or all.

I need to get a printer. Simple adjustment like a carburetor.

Thanks to all in helping with the no-start situation. Yes, I did look at the TM's, but, it never hurts to get the opinion of others who are more experienced with these types of problems. After adjusting the idle screw only slightly, my CUCV still would not start, so I had it towed back to the shop on their dime. They think it must be some issue with the fuel pump timing. Will keep everyone posted as to what happens,
Tom Lovinggood

Chaski

I don’ know if it is true or not- but I had identical symptoms with a pump that I had worked on about 5 years ago. Took the pump back off and brought it to the local Standyne repair shop. (I had worked on it the first time myself).

They told me it had a sticking metering valve- They cleaned it up and the pickup has been running great since.

It would only idle when I had my foot in it a ways- and was barely drivable

nyoffroad

I've always set the idle speed while the engines running, I guess you could turn the screw in and then start it but chances are your still not perfect. Any time your messing around the IP and then it won't start always ALWAYS check the electrical connection on the top of the pump! These trucks and the wire conections are old and bad connections abound, your's wouldn't be the first one I saw with a intermittant connection.

Just got my M1009 back today. Apparently, the idle needed some fine tuning, and the shop ran some fuel injector cleaner through it. It seems to run well now with the new injector pump installed. Many thanks to all that offered help. However, the "Wait" light is in- op. Maybe a fuse??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks