• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B low frequency/hertz

JW929

3FEE2A53-F7EC-4C2C-A18D-16DC22E14584.jpg5D2F5742-7F75-44D3-A57E-A4ECCFDCEEE8.jpg74CA73AF-4090-4670-B00E-4F91CF23118F.jpg2C0A244E-820A-4ED3-9F8D-8A64864E5594.jpgHere’s a couple of pics of the board. I couldn’t wait until the morning to look at it but will wait til then to try adjusting it.

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rheostats look about right. I think i would open up the wide open throttle skrew first then test the magnetic pickup. MPU control lots of things, its the tachometer for the computer, so if the mpu is off it throws everything off. Search 805b mpu

JW929

Well I got the hertz up to 60 by opening up the throttle screw. The rpms increased as did the hertz. I took a couple of pictures and a video of it running as well as the gauges as it was running. Let me know if I should be concerned with anything else, or if it’s good to run as is. 155mm I really appreciate the advise and the time you put in helping troubleshoot the hertz issue.

Attachments

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the wide open throttle set at 65 hz, lock it down with jam nut. Load it up with everything you have as long as possible. Change fuel filter first. After good load test change oil and filter. Check coolant for sca/dca. Add stabilization to fuel tank, keep tank full to mitigate moisture. Check fuel tank vent tubes for cracks or broken plastic connectors

you are welcome, glad we could help get s’more green iron back fmc.

dont forget to ground when testing, inspecting and repairing. There is 100 amps per leg waiting to eat your lunch if something goes fudubbled.

correct photo added

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks