• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886 brake issues

meg3068

Have m886 lifted with humvv tires and wheels. Brakes feel soft and doesn't stop as week as it should. New calibers pads rear shoes and wheel cylinders as well as replaced all flex brake limes and master cylinder. Brakes have been bleed twice. Any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
taller tires take up brake pedal & require more foot pressure.
That being said, I once did the brakes on an ambulance, there wasn't anything wrong with the master cylinder but I figured I should replace it can't hurt. right?
Well after months of beating my head against the wall, I learned it was the "new" master cylinder that was bad!

meg3068

Yes I did. Pedal still feels spongy it doesn't have the slow bleed down like most I have seen with internal leaks more like low hydraulic pressure in the system.

michigandon

taller tires take up brake pedal & require more foot pressure.
That being said, I once did the brakes on an ambulance, there wasn't anything wrong with the master cylinder but I figured I should replace it can't hurt. right?
Well after months of beating my head against the wall, I learned it was the "new" master cylinder that was bad!
Had this same problem after installing a "rebuilt" master cylinder. Installed a *new* one and all has been well ever since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks