• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey from Cally

mep002aowner

So I live off-grid on a ranch and I bought a mep002a several years back mounted on a sweet single axle military trailer. It doesn't get used much at all, but I got married this year and invested in various appliances, so maybe it will get more exercise this winter since we'll have more electrical usage than in the past.

I've been reading this site for several years, but only just registered now because I have some info I wanted to share. My aux fuel pump stopped working and I found an inexpensive source for 24v facet fuel pump clones that look just like a facet and will work with only a few simple modifications and bolt right on, I was going to start a new thread with the details, but apparently I can't do that yet.

The other issue I've had with the gen is that the main AC breaker will trip if I try to run it above 75% rated load. I have a big forklift battery for my off-grid solar setup and two xantrex/trace inverters with big chargers. With both chargers going, it will consistently trip the main breaker after a few minutes. Fortunately, these inverters allow one to adjust the charging amps, so I can dial it back to 75% and then the breaker doesn't trip. I'm hoping the "R3 adjustment" will help, but I haven't tried it yet.

Anyway, that's what I've got going on.

Dan

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

welcome to the site, It must be fabulous to live unencumbered and off grid...'Must mean you can have what you like were you like. No moans from neighbours.

mep002aowner

yup. I grew up out here in the countryside and its a different mindset. One gets used to relying on one's self and family, and doing as one pleases and not so good at taking orders and following arbitrary rules. :)

We've got some renters here, but the closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and I don't think we've ever heard any complaints unless it's just a friendly call to let us know a cow is out or a tree fell on a fence or a pipe is spraying water someplace.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks