Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: M101A2 Trailer Questions

  1. #11
    Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grove, Oklahoma
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 23 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    I would have never figured that out. I was trying to come up with some Hua Hua High Strength collection of usable words without success. It reminds me of the logistical F-Cubed rule.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Tinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,590
    Thanks
    920
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,392 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terracoma View Post
    I've seen quite a few trailers with these M105-style lifting points, and they've all been M101A1 trailers with the 5-lug hubs... They might all have been the cargo trailers setup for generators, with the underslung fuel tank and curbside filler neck.
    I stand corrected.
    Learn something new everyday.
    1987 M1008A1 (2)
    1986 M1009
    1995 NF2D FloodLight/Kohler-Kubota Generator Set
    1992 M101A2 trailer (2)
    1987 M149A2 Water Buffalo (M149A1 Chassis)
    S-280 Shelter

  3. #13
    General
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terracoma View Post
    I've seen quite a few trailers with these M105-style lifting points, and they've all been M101A1 trailers with the 5-lug hubs... They might all have been the cargo trailers setup for generators, with the underslung fuel tank and curbside filler neck.
    My A1 was a generator trailer with underslung fuel tank, but it does not have those lifting point U-bolts.

    By the way, the fuel tank is long gone, but I still have the fuel filler neck if some one wants to buy it.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Colonel Terracoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 147 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by McGuyver View Post
    My A1 was a generator trailer with underslung fuel tank, but it does not have those lifting point U-bolts.
    My turn to stand corrected!

    They definitely weren't common...and now I have no idea the rhyme or reason for them...but they're out there.


    M101A1_01.jpg M101A1_02.jpg M101A1_03.jpg
    --- Gary

  5. #15
    4 Star General Guyfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Burgkunstadt, Germany
    Posts
    6,244
    Thanks
    12,051
    Thanked 5,554 Times in 2,677 Posts

    Default

    We had mostly the trailers without the lifting points here in Germany, in a Hawk unit, my first 10 years. Later, when I was in a Patriot unit, that's all we had.
    Last edited by Guyfang; 09-24-2019 at 03:40.

  6. #16
    4 Star General Guyfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Burgkunstadt, Germany
    Posts
    6,244
    Thanks
    12,051
    Thanked 5,554 Times in 2,677 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmesgt View Post
    IPL is Illustrated Parts List, basically a breakdown of all parts, internal and external. You stated the leg is PITA. What is PITA Thank you for your reply...
    OK, learn a new one every day! The legs were a non repairable item. When it rusted up like yours, off it went to the scrap container. When you look at the -24P TM, (IPL) it only shows the compleat leg, and I think the fasteners. It was a High usage item. Mostly because people drove off with them still emplaced.

  7. #17
    Super Moderator Tinstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,590
    Thanks
    920
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,392 Posts

    Default

    Until this thread, I had never seen such an early M101 series with lifting points.
    Wonder if it was a Unit add-on modification or a spec design change between contracts.

    Just makes the M101 Trailer series even better.
    1987 M1008A1 (2)
    1986 M1009
    1995 NF2D FloodLight/Kohler-Kubota Generator Set
    1992 M101A2 trailer (2)
    1987 M149A2 Water Buffalo (M149A1 Chassis)
    S-280 Shelter

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinstar For This Useful Post:

    McGuyver (09-25-2019)

  9. #18
    Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grove, Oklahoma
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 23 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    I hadn't thought about folks driving off with the leg extended. I finally got mine taken apart late last night. The construction was not what I expected. I will try to clean it up tonight and post some pics. As for finding one on ebay, I did search it out and yes, I found one. It wasn't expensive (less than $100.00 including shipping). I considered buying it, but I hadn't as of yet tried with any serious effort to repair the one I had. I mounted my stabilizer leg to my backhoe trailer and got after it with a pipe wrench and torque multiplier (aka - cheater bar). It began to turn when I could put my fat on the bar. I tried this in my shop with the let clamped in my vice, but I was moving the work bench and not extension leg. I figured there was no way I could move the backhoe trailer so that's why it got mounted there for disassembly.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to rmesgt For This Useful Post:

    Guyfang (09-24-2019)

  11. #19
    4 Star General juanprado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Metairie/La (N'awlins)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McGuyver View Post
    My A1 was a generator trailer with underslung fuel tank, but it does not have those lifting point U-bolts.

    By the way, the fuel tank is long gone, but I still have the fuel filler neck if some one wants to buy it.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I was able to sell the complete set up to another member here. If you can pull the brackets & straps underneath for the tank along with the fuel filler and brace, You might be able to offer a package deal. The tank is a stock m37. Others have retro fitted other tank styles maybe s10 but it has been a while....
    1984 M923 "Maj. Zippidy" who now is equipped like a M925A1
    1991 M998 HMMWV

    1990 Kasel M101A2
    1968 Case Master M101A1 with fuel tank and gen set up
    1991 Eastern Technologies M105A2
    60's ? m116a1? radar trailer flatbed
    xm1073 flat bed 7 1/2 ton


    "Success demands a high level of logistical and organizational competence."
    - General George S. Patton, Jr

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juanprado For This Useful Post:

    Guyfang (09-24-2019), McGuyver (09-25-2019)

  13. #20
    4 Star General Guyfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Burgkunstadt, Germany
    Posts
    6,244
    Thanks
    12,051
    Thanked 5,554 Times in 2,677 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmesgt View Post
    I hadn't thought about folks driving off with the leg extended. I finally got mine taken apart late last night. The construction was not what I expected. I will try to clean it up tonight and post some pics. As for finding one on ebay, I did search it out and yes, I found one. It wasn't expensive (less than $100.00 including shipping). I considered buying it, but I hadn't as of yet tried with any serious effort to repair the one I had. I mounted my stabilizer leg to my backhoe trailer and got after it with a pipe wrench and torque multiplier (aka - cheater bar). It began to turn when I could put my fat on the bar. I tried this in my shop with the let clamped in my vice, but I was moving the work bench and not extension leg. I figured there was no way I could move the backhoe trailer so that's why it got mounted there for disassembly.
    I like your style!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •