• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 LED Headlights DRL Halos and Turn Signal in Headlight

NCarolinadawg

Hello,
Could not find forum answering my question. Can the forum show images of the newer Jeep style 7" headlights they are using on their M998's? I like the idea of the DRL angel eyes type Halos and the turn signal integrated into the headlight. Any success or horror stories, and what about the need of the anti flicker device? Please see the attached connectors that most styles I like have. Seems pretty straight forward to splice the turn and DRL wires, and then can you the adapter also pictured for the 3 prong. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.LED Connector.PNGLED Connectors.PNG

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The halos will require a power inverter to step the voltage down AND a 24 Volt relay attached to the blinker circuit to activate the halo. Despite the lights accepting 24 volts, the halos are 12 Volt and will blow out if exposed to 24 Volt.

NCarolinadawg

I have 12 volt accessories so I could just tap I. to that then for the Halos correct? What about the turn signal part of the headlight? I was just gonna run that next door to the turn signal/parking/blackout bucket and tap into the turn signal wire? Will that work?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks