• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top install with ring mount?

mt4x4

Is there a trick to installing soft tops with a M66 ring on a m35a2? The cab is touching the vertical poles of the ring and the poles are touching the bed. There is no room for the vinyl to slip down below the lip of the bed or cab. The rubber tie down for the bed tarp goes right where the pole is on both sides. I almost feel like my bed needs to scoot back a little.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cut some Strips of 1/4” rubber mud flap that went between the legs and the cab. That gave me room for the canvas cover.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used strips the plastic pipe for electric wires....forget what it is called. Put them between the cab and leg, works good. If you used the ring for it's intended purpose, easy peasy to unlash it from the cab and roll it to the windshield frame. Careful, hot brass will leave a mark!

mt4x4

by adding something between the cab and the poles will fix my problem with the tarp on the cab. I'm thinking about cutting some material from the bed lip to give clearance for the tarp on the bed.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't jeopardize the integrity of the cab strength by cutting a gusset given your putting an M66 ring on the truck.
by adding something between the cab and the poles will fix my problem with the tarp on the cab. I'm thinking about cutting some material from the bed lip to give clearance for the tarp on the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks