• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaky M809 manual fuel shutoff valve

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20190922_180310.jpg

My fuel shutoff valve has 2 leaks currently since doing the dual fuel mod and loosening up the valve. The big leak around the threads I think I'll thicken up with teflon tape if those are pipe threads and if they're straight then maybe a new o-ring is in order. The leak at the shaft has me a little more concerned because I have not seen one of these disassembled and my valve doesn't look like the other ones I've seen so I don't know what's inside. I'm assuming that there is a little o-ring on the shaft that can be replaced? Has anyone seen an exploded diagram of just this valve?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They can be repaired, just make sure the o rings you get are viton or something else that ULSD won't attack

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
doghead, thanks for the link. It seems those valve are made of gold for what they want for them. Isn't it just a ball valve?

I like the repair option the most so I will tear into it soon and replace whatever o-rings and seals I find.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I disassembled my valve and here is what it looks like all exploded out.
20190928_160739.jpg
20190928_160750.jpg

I really hope that the black chunks are not remnants of some seal but rather just sediment build up that took the shape of the inner valve cavity. It crumbles real easy like carbon from a combustion chamber.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A new standard size -010 o-ring fixed the little leak and some teflon tape and an end wrench fixed the big leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks