• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV blackout drive light switch

Barrman

There are two toggles for the black out and service lights on the CUCV trucks. The black out drive light is a momentary switch. If you have the other switch set to black out lights and then hit the black out drive light switch. The drive light should turn on but the switch will go back to the middle position.

Have you by chance read the -10 manual for the CUCV trucks?

cruzer747

I just read over the sections that cover this in the manual. Thankyou! While it does mention the self centering feature of the switch it does not specificly state that the switch is a momentary and will turn the lights off when not held. Thankyou again for clearing up that confusion!

Blackout Drive Switch. This toggle switch must be moved to "BLACKOUT DRIVE LIGHT
ON” and released for blackout drive to work. This is a self-centering toggle and will not
stay in “ON” position. Refer to paragraph 2-15 for operating instructions.

"b. Blackout Drive Lights.
(1) On. Pull out and move service lights/blackout toggle switch to “BLACKOUTON,’’then
pull out and push up, and release blackout drive light toggle switch to “BLACKOUT
DRIVE LIGHT ON.” Left toggle switch will return to center position when released."

MarcusOReallyus

When the last one dies, you might want to know how to bypass it so that your civvy lights always work. This method leaves the BO switches in place, but the BO lights are inop.

Electrically, it's exactly the same as having your switches in the civvy light position. It's also easily 100% reversible. There's no cutting or modification of the stock wiring.

cruzer747

That is the service light switch, I was asking about the momentary b/o drive light switch.... Anywho when I got the truck (m1010) it had this mod. I had seen the headlights flicker a few times and upon inspection the spade terminals were blue from over heating! Proper gauge wires were there so not good contact over time was the culprit.

Also since I have an m1010 there is a relay that is powered up for the spot and flood when it is in the service light position that makes a parasitic drain. Pulls about 120ma with ignition off. My plan is to add a Blinky red led nearby that is activated in the off position to remind me to turn the service lights on. Led drain much better than that relay!

Thanks for the tip though! Thankfully both switches still seem really stout.

MarcusOReallyus

I had seen the headlights flicker a few times and upon inspection the spade terminals were blue from over heating! Proper gauge wires were there so not good contact over time was the culprit.
Quality terminals (not the cheapo auto parts store junk) and some dielectric grease will take care of that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks