• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can the turn signal connector be re-wired?

JCKnife

9FBA8A39-AFDC-498B-ADEF-AB98530E43CE.jpg

M35A2 turn signal connector, I have 2 but both in pretty rough shape. Can they be disassembled and re-wired? I don’t see how...

Last edited:

sue

Take it down to the local airport and
find out who does avionics installations
and offer them a case of beer and see
if you get any takers. It’s a very
common aviation part.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Jo, I have a kit for wires you can use. Should have the tools to take it apart if you want. Or I could just send the tools

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a “no” for most people then.
... but it's definitely a "YES" for someone capable of rebuilding his winches...;-)

Probably easiest if you had those special tools, although it can be done without them. You just need a soldering iron, tiny screwdriver, needle-nose pliers, some silicone grease and lots of patience...

JCKnife

Thanks guys. Let me figure out if the wires are the problem first. My interior turn signal indicator light has quit working, but the bulb is good. I'm thinking maybe it's the solid-state flasher inside the fender?

JCKnife

Seen in that thread: "I was wrong. It wasn't the blinkers not blinking, it was the indicator light on the turn signal switch not illuminating when the blinkers were on. Poor grounding of the switch to the column."

Does the turn signal device need to be grounded to the steering column? I didn't think that was possible because one of mine is made entirely of plastic...If it does, that may be my problem, with fresh paint on the steering column...

EDIT: Yep, I have only a bad ground. Confirmed by holding a wire from the turn signal hose clamp to the floor. Still has me scratching my head wondering how the all-plastic unit is EVER grounded... but problem solved for now.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not check each wire and see if OK. A little dielectric grease and a nail to scratch the inside of each contact to expose metal might be all you need.

Then use male and female Packard connectors to terminate the wires and allow re-attachment to the vehicle.

Don't forget to clearly number each wire, as the metal number crimps are going to need to be removed to install Packard connectors.

IMHO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks