• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring a M38A! 12V system

dodjh

I just wrote a long explanation to the problem I'm having w/ wiring in a new SRS (starter relay solenoid).

It included where my wires are connected and etc. I posted it and was asked to log in again...consequently the entire message vanished when I did this.

I need help in wiring a 4 post SRS to ignition switch and 12V coil, where the "I" post goes to and "S" on relay and some other itemss Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

dodjh

cont. on wiring for M38A! 12 V SRS

I'll continue, post and continue till I write the post I orginally wrote.

I have the pos. batt. cable to left side SRS large threaded bolt along with a wire from it to the BATT on the ignition switch.

The "S" post on the SRS goes to the "S" post on the IGN. switch.

dodjh

contd. SRS on M38A!

I'm not clear on the "I" post on the SRS. I read it goes to the + side of the coil but woulodn't that interfere with the operation og the "S"

post on the SRS since it energizes the "I" to allow continuity between the two largr side posts on the SRS to activate the starter?

The right side large post has the cable going to the starter.

dodjh

cont. M38A1 wiring SRS

Bought a new 4 post SRS and finally discovered it was faulty by trouble shooting it.

Took another SRS off of another Jeep and it did turn over the starter but jeep was in gear. Eventually it stopped working and now making a chime or buzz noise.

Battery is low from all of this so I had jumper cables hooked to the low battery on the jeep.

Are the wires connected corrected w/ exception to where to connect the "I" post ?

Any suggestions? Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks