• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 Trans Questions

Crider281

Hey all,

My dad needs some assistance on one of his M916's (7155 Cat Trans) and would like to speak to someone if at all possible via phone.

Any other known experts in here that would be willing to call him?

Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will get better results using the “hive” on here, have him relay to you EXACT SYMPTOMS and whether or not he is working on a crappy Ft Polk rebuild or not.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yes. List the problems. There is a CAT 7155 manual with the diagnostic procedure and troubleshooting section in it.

List his symptoms. And we can go from there.

Crider281

I’ll try to get more exact details but he was driving his truck pulling our backhoe and noticed when approaching 10th gear the trans just didn’t seem like it was engaging like normal and the gears were scraping some. It did this twice and he pulled to the side of the road as he didn’t want to pull the hill with the load. He thought he could smell a faint burning smell. We drove the backhoe on. Next day we get the truck and he drove it to our shop and all seemed fine.

He was also wondering if their was a service filter somewhere. I’ll have to send him those manuals.

Not sure on the rebuild aspect. This particular truck we’ve had for about 6-7 years I believe. One of our first 916’s.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It needs a receiver dryer before the transmission as well as a mister for the valve body.

Where is the truck located?

More than likely its a faulty shifter. Then again some times. They just foul up on shifting. Mine will at times only do half of the air burst during shifting. Slap it again and it shifts fine.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had the same issue other than the smell 1 time with my 7155 pulling 6k gallons of water on a slight incline, dont remember what gear but was up there around 10th. i just stopped, started over in the bottom, no other issues since then. i just wrote it off as a fluke, or operator error. I didnt have a dryer oiler at the time of error.

this is the oiler i used and have been happy.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JHD7GI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks