• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005A Output Connector Availability?

gerth8992

Good Afternoon.

I have a MEP-005a that I have running and now I'm to the part of my project where I'm ready to tie it into my house. I have #4 copper outdoor cable that my father in law got from an industrial auction and I need to connect it to my generator. My first though is to burry conduit and hard wire it to my outside breaker box for my house. But if it all possible I'd like the idea of using the original output connector. It would save me from days worth of digging a 2 ft trench and buying the conduit. But locating the plug is difficult. It is a 44-12, 100A plug. It appears that Amphenol Aerospace makes a new one, but the price tag is painful to even look at. I've found some used pre-made cables on Ebay and they cost even more and are too short for my setup. Is there anywhere to get these cheap as surplus? I could use either the surface mount type or the extension cord type as long as it was the type with the Male pins. Here is a picture of mine as well. The brand on mine seems to be defunct now as well.20190923_172728.jpg

robertsears1

Just save “44-12 100 amp connector” in your searches on eBay and be patient. Also, just put that in your searsch engine and see what comes up. In the meantime, you should be able to unbolt that female connector and go direct to the output lugs through the new hole in the side of your generator. Think about blocking critters from finding a new home.

Robert

gerth8992

I have another opening above the connector that has a sleeve with a draw string. I can use that if a connector doesnt show up. I already have a 120v plug and a 208v plug going through that one. I use it for running tools out in my yard.

gerth8992

I snagged one on Ebay. It was $90 bucks, but it was the only one I've seen after a week of looking. And it's a panel mount type, so I'll have to find a small water tight junction to mount it on. It's odd how rare these are. It seems like tons of them would have made it into the surplus market.

robertsears1

If the connector on the generator still has the cap ( could see the chain), you should be able to screw the two caps together while in use and connected to keep crap and water out of the caps. Watch that you don’t lose the rubber gasket in the cap.

Robert

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the parts i needed for those connections from a distribution box

gerth8992

I saw some of those boxes on Ebay with the plugs I needed, but they tended to be expensive. I also saw some on government auctions, but they werent in driving distance. According to the part numbers, the one I got appears to be for a 600 gph water purification trailer. I guess those trailers have a MEP-005A on them to power the purifier.

Ray70

Not sure if it would be of use to you but I have 2 of the 100A connecting cables on the spools with the male plug to fit that generator. I think they are 50' each.
Shoot me a PM if you have any interest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks