• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I bought a 5 ton, now it's time to get to work

1Sinner

20190920_113550.jpg

It's a 1990 BMY with the 8.3 turbo Cummins. I know the first mods are the top low fuel screws on the MW pump and the governor adjustments. I have a 3/4k governor spring kit coming, an hx55 turbo (and rebuild kit). Can someone please shoot me a quick link for the intercooler install, aftercooler delete, and turbo install. I searched and could seem to find them. Maybe using the wrong key words. Also, how hard is it to install the governor springs? I see a lot of stuff about adjusting them, but not much about replacing them. Will order the cummins timing tapes as well to adjust final timing to 16 degrees.

74M35A2

Welcome. Seems like you have done some homework on reading, thanks. Keep us posted on the effect of each mod. There are a couple of intercoolers people have used, smaller and larger. Both posted here. The larger full size Volvo one is buried in a build thread by 4xdesign so harder to find, but turned out beautiful and rated for a 14L Detroit Series 60 engine, so overkill but cool (literally).

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever get around to any of these modifications?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1Sinner

Did you ever get around to any of these modifications?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Nope. You have my truck and it remained stock due to time constraints and other projects. I had all the stuff together and ended up selling it as a package deal to another SS member from Utah.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks