• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802A question

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The little glass fuse in holder behind main guage panel. Mine was burned out when aquired. Is this for battery charging and should it be a 6A 32V 311 glass fuse or should the A be higher? I also have the 24volt pulse charger from military on mine. Can it stay hooked up when gen is running or does it need to be saved for storage of the unit to keep Batts up? Thanks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My notes say: Battery Charger Fuse (FU1): F03A125V30A BUS ABC-30-R
Thank you sir I wonder why they had a 6A 32v fuse in there? I can see why it was blown. I will put the correct one in. Thanks again.

Guyfang

Staff member
Both of you are right. And its a 30 amp fuse. 125Volt. I stand corrected. But the one Zed listed is the right one. Easy to find. Buy several. You dont know why its bad. Or is it missing?

rcamacho

FU1 was blown in mind as well. I purchased a few from an auction site...
After replacement the battery charging circuit works to spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
FU1 is one of the items that is often stolen, along with the cap. And if its not stolen, it can be found in a corner of the control cube, hidden behind something. Its not unheard of, to find 2-3 of them, caps and all there.

Zed254

The one on my 802 was stolen.....along with the cap. I never could understand why someone would grab the fuse and part of the holder......

Last edited:

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couldn't get picks to load on pm but here is 100% load and now I've got smoke. Normal or?IMG_20190927_192045331_HDR.jpgIMG_20190927_192034596_HDR.jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda has an odd loaping sound above 50% here is guage reading everything looks normal.IMG_20190927_192342076_HDR.jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Sights and sounds.
Some MEP-803 and MEP-802 being run off a load bank.

Acquired a Military surplus load bank
I like that thanks. I loaded it to 100% and ran it for a few hours. It smoked pretty good untill there was some sort of noise and it cleared up quickly. I dropped it back to 75% and then back up to 100 and it was smoking again just not as bad. I think I need to run the crud out of it for a while. Maybe it was run with a small load on it and wet stacked.

Guyfang

Staff member
In post #14 you hertz meter is low. Always set the hertz at 60, and leave it there when you shut the set off. Volts and hertz should not need much adjustment. Yes, when you start at no load, and ramp it up to higher loads, the hertz may drop a tad. That's normal. Just turn it up a bit to compensate.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In post #14 you hertz meter is low. Always set the hertz at 60, and leave it there when you shut the set off. Volts and hertz should not need much adjustment. Yes, when you start at no load, and ramp it up to higher loads, the hertz may drop a tad. That's normal. Just turn it up a bit to compensate.
Thanks I didn't mention Hertz meter is just loose inside it's case it no work. Was useing kilowatt meter from Lowe's inline. Was running 60-61 Hertz. Stayed consistent. Need to find a good take off meter.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about the fuel lines going to the injectors, when the lines leak or crack, which they will,. Do you replace the whole thing as a unit or can you replace the hose? And where can you find that hose? Looks like it is clamped into fuel rail to me.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thanks I didn't mention Hertz meter is just loose inside it's case it no work. Was useing kilowatt meter from Lowe's inline. Was running 60-61 Hertz. Stayed consistent. Need to find a good take off meter.

Take the meter apart. Every once in a while, they are fixable. sometimes the meter comes loose in the case, and the two tiny wires get broken, Its really not hard to fix. Worst thing that can happen is it not work when you are done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks