• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802A question

Guyfang

Staff member
How about the fuel lines going to the injectors, when the lines leak or crack, which they will,. Do you replace the whole thing as a unit or can you replace the hose? And where can you find that hose? Looks like it is clamped into fuel rail to me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
There are about ten thousand threads about the hose, testing, replacement, where to get them, brand name and everything under the sun. Daybreak has good info on it I think. .

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a thread on how to take guage apart. I know the ring on back unscrews but which direction?

Guyfang

Staff member
Looking for a thread on how to take guage apart. I know the ring on back unscrews but which direction?

Should be some tiny screws holding a rig into the meter housing, take out the screws, pry/pull the ring off and the meter should come apart.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be some tiny screws holding a rig into the meter housing, take out the screws, pry/pull the ring off and the meter should come apart.
No little screws but there were three slots looking like ring would unscrew and meter would come out of faceplate but when I tried to tap one way or the other the ring started to crack and come apart so I stopped before I just destroyed it and stuck it back in generator till I find a replacement.IMG_20190930_152740889.jpgIMG_20191001_155628039.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
That inside ring used to have three tiny screw. Guess the new one dont. If it dont work, give it a try unscrewing it. You cant make it more broke.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just did. It says sealed don't open. They were right. But so where you. Little screwsholding meter in nuts backed off I'll try and fix.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was tiny little screws and the heads came off. Just like the government, don't make it easy to fix just spend more taxpayers money and get another. Pref from China. HaView attachment 778128IMG_20191001_170428307.jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I am finding a replacement do I need to clip wires together to run machine?

Guyfang

Staff member
It was tiny little screws and the heads came off. Just like the government, don't make it easy to fix just spend more taxpayers money and get another. Pref from China. HaView attachment 778128View attachment 778129

This part was not meant to be repaired. Pluck and chuck. And the price for it is not even half of what it used to be. In the old days, you were suposed to get not only the meter, BUT also the Freq Transducer. I was supposed to be only ordered as a matched set.

Like Zed told you, just tape up the wires.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really appreciate the help gentlemen. I am going to see if I can fix it though. Guy. I take it you were involved with electrical engineering, repair?

Guyfang

Staff member
I really appreciate the help gentlemen. I am going to see if I can fix it though. Guy. I take it you were involved with electrical engineering, repair?

I am, was, and always be, just a simple generator repair guy. If you mean power generation repair, Yes, I did it for a while.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured as much. Yes Sir to the question does my smoke smell like fuel, a little. I put the machine under 100% load and it smoked constantly. Not just jet black but a steady stream. It's at 263hours on meter. I was running it and added an electric drill to the convenience port and could jump up above 120%. When I did this a few times there was a sort of click or something similar and the smoke cleared up. When I brought it back down for a bit say 20 min then brought back up to the 120% it smoked again just not as bad. I noticed inside on engine it looks like it has a light covering of oil or it had leaked fuel onto engine at some point in the past Before I purchased it. I found no leaks and have run it fairly hard for at least 4to 5hours. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replacing return lines but it looks like someone had the valve covers off at some point. Hense the oil on top of engine. Notice the red silicone on gasket.IMG_20191010_101706107.jpgIMG_20191010_101713542.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks