• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clinto civvy flasher modification ( video)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A. Oh man, I'm famous! :clinto:I always thought it was funny when people started advertising CUCVs with the Doghead relay on Craigslist and eBay and I still laugh out loud at the idea of a person who's never been on SS seeing such an ad and saying "WTF IS A DOGHEAD RELAY!?". I live for the day I see an MV on eBay with a "Clinto flasher".

B. I appreciate the kind words but I took the idea from threads here and on Facebook and refined it. Haters can call me a copycat, people I've tricked into loving me can call it a homage.

C. I have a friend who owns this and it inadvertently had a 12V civvy flasher installed and it worked:
Cadillac-DeVille-on-a-M35-Deuce-and-a-half-chassis-02.jpg

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

It really does work great, and doesn't depend on the iffy ground to the fender to function properly and not burn up. Of course they aren't waterproof, but whatever.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It really does work great, and doesn't depend on the iffy ground to the fender to function properly and not burn up. Of course they aren't waterproof, but whatever.
I will admit I'm really bad about using a pressure washer and degreaser to make stuff as spotless as possible and so far, my EG22 has survived both in the original box (plastic) and the newer metal box it's currently in. I think if I was doing an EG22 swap and I wasn't going to mount it in a box, I'd try putting the flasher in a big piece of shrink wrap or something.

Eliteweapons

My truck was converted to a civy flasher by the previous owner and it finally failed due to corrosion. I used a Grote P/N 44010 solid state flasher for a replacement and it works great as well as being prepared to switch to LED in the future. My picture is too big and won't post.

jimm1009

Hey guys and gals, just pull those wires back through the firewall and mount the civy flasher on the aft side of the firewall or on the forward side of the instrument panel or tie4 up into the wire bundle.
If it is aft of the firewall then it is out of the weather and pressure washers too.
jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks