• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A no AC output

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has he removed the front cover and looked at the tank / fuel pump? If the unit is working until prime is lost then there has to be a leak. Does the aux fuel system work?

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has he removed the front cover and looked at the tank / fuel pump? If the unit is working until prime is lost then there has to be a leak. Does the aux fuel system work?
That's my thought is there is a leak somewhere allowing the system to drain back into the tank.

Just for grins maybe remove and check the seals on the filters.

Guyfang

Staff member
Like you all, I think it has to be a leak. But could also be the flapper in the e-fuel pump, that acts as a "check valve". It happens, but not often.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's my thought is there is a leak somewhere allowing the system to drain back into the tank.
Just for grins maybe remove and check the seals on the filters.
Howdy,
Exactly. :)

Take a look at your canister filter. Make sure that little tiny gasket stayed in place on top of the cup when you re-installed it.

We are all saying this...and that.

I hope all filters were changed. Fuel cartridge filter and the fuel/water separator filter.

NOTE: after running, system itself is self bleeding. That is the sound change for the fuel pumps from a hollow sound to a full sound. All fuel pumps thru the system and back to the tank via fuel return lines.

Last edited:

Ray70

Anything upstream of the primary pump shouldn't matter as far as drain back, and it doesn't sound like you are sucking air while running ( otherwise it wouldn't run smooth under load ) Just check from the primary electric pump to the 4 metering pumps and see if there are any issues or leaks. If everything is good and the filter and fuel / water separator are good, I'd suggest changing the fuel pump. If you still have the crappy square body pump, definitely get rid of it. An Airtex E8135 is a drop in replacement for the square pump. $35 on-line. If you have one of the round pumps with the 4" stainless extension line installed you will need some NPT x Flare adapters to make the E8135 fit.
Even with an air leak or a bad check valve in the pump, like Daybreak said, a good pump will self-bleed fairly quickly. My money says you have a failing fuel pump....
And like I said, if it's the old square body pump, get rid of it now... they are known as unreliable pieces of junk.

k9medic

Thanks all.

I borrowed a double oven today and put both ovens to bake at 400 degrees. After 2 hours and no hiccups, I turned everything off.

The generator ran great. I swapped out the analog hertz meter with a digital one and it held 240-242v at 60 hz the entire time.

The load meter still does not work though.

Here is a photo of the injectors though after I shut it down. Not sure what that might be -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k9medic

I agree it looks like oil seepage from somewhere. The engine was clean and dry when I started it.

I did swap out the worthless hertz gauge though. Now also thinking about getting a digital amp/load meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks