• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A no AC output

Guyfang

Staff member
How about X1? Do you get and VDC at X1? Should be 24 volts. For the relay to work. 24 VDC goes to X1, and thats the coil, to close the relay.

Guyfang

Staff member
Relays shot.

EDIT: Also try and run a wire from ground to the X2. If the ground path is not whole, then the relay cant work. But I think the relay is shot.

k9medic

Relays shot.

EDIT: Also try and run a wire from ground to the X2. If the ground path is not whole, then the relay cant work. But I think the relay is shot.

Good continuity from ground to x2.

Looking at the wiring diagram it would appear that this is also the reason why the fuel solenoid will hold open when I manually open it but it won't open automatically.

Now to find a K2 relay...

Guyfang

Staff member
K2 should not be hard. There are several different versions. This type relay was used in multi different equipment, not just gen sets.

k9medic

Starter relay installed and everything works!

Now to find out why it seems as though I’m losing some prime.

I have to bleed the system to get it to run for some reason.

Checking all my connections now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k9medic

Open the two screws on top of the filter and push air through. Then crack each injector nozzles open while the fuel pump is running.

After I close everything it starts and runs fine.

k9medic

I’ll pull the return line and doublecheck. I usually wait with the prime until the sound changes.

k9medic

Pulled return line and I get a nice stream of diesel.

Cracked the first injector line after the filter open and sound on prime pump changed.

Bled it for a second, closed and started normally.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hard lines should not loose prime. If they do you have a problem.

How much air air do you get out? If you crank longer will it start without priming it?

k9medic

It fires right up when I crank it but only runs for 5 seconds before it starts to die off so I don't think holding it in start will make much of a difference. I do hold start long enough to get oil pressure though.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hm.. As a test set it to prime for like a minute before you try to start it. See if it dies after it starts.

Guyfang

Staff member
It fires right up when I crank it but only runs for 5 seconds before it starts to die off so I don't think holding it in start will make much of a difference. I do hold start long enough to get oil pressure though.
when you say "die off", you mean slowly loose power and sound like it's running out of fuel? How long did it take?

k9medic

Yes. It goes from running solid to dying off like it’s starving for fuel after about 5- 10 seconds.

Guyfang

Staff member
Should not be a mechanical problem, it sounds fuel related. Your fuel system has a leak, or the electric fuel pump is bad, or the check valve in the pump is bad. It's not related to the fuel pickup in the tank being clogged. That would take a longer time to cut off the fuel supply. How often have you tried to start it in a row? I mean turn S1 to prime, wait 5 min. And start. It dies. Shut off the set, turn S1 to prime, wait 5 min. And try and start it again. 3-4 time in a row, always the same results? Because if that's the case, it can only be a fuel pressure problem. Low pump pressure or a leaky fuel system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks