• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Morning from Germany

Sili

They are getting expensive in Germany.
If your are willing to come to Holland I've got one for you. PM me if interested.

Mine is not presented on the following page

https://www.mobile.de/nl/auto/chevrolet-k30/vhc:car,ms1:5600_25_
Yes they are. Few of them (commercial seller in Peterslahr, very well known in germany) are completely rebuilt from what they get from the us army. BUT the are all above 20k€.

I dont mind where i go to pick it up in the future. my RAMs PO also lived near the border to NL so why not. Its actually just a trick job to register a car from neatherlands in germany (especially in my state) as i heard a few times now.

Ill reach out to you via PM to see what you offer.

Thx!

TehTDK

Welcome from the northern reaches of Europe otherwise known as Denmark :p. I haven't got a MV yet but I am looking at procuring one sooner rather than later.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thx all!

Do you daily drive it or do you own a all day driver next to it?
......... almost daily.......but you have to be aware that something could break, that you do not get repaired right away. I have my options for such a case. Bigger problems are usually early enough noticeable.
If you maintain the truck well....... so, I'm not afraid to sit in my truck and drive 400 miles

Sili

What do you have in mind that could be so hard to find?
Aren't most parts of an 84 k30 the direct bolt on?

i also have some options. harley for the warmer days and a few other cars in thr family i could use. my ram also had a few weeks in the garage when bigger stuff was on to do such as swapping the tranny.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you are right ...... 84 K30 ........ we are talking about a truck 30+ years.
There are parts you do not get in the shop around the corner....... even less in Germany than in the States.
If you want ... PM me, maybe we can meet and talk about one or the other

Sili

Youre right. But all my parts for the RAM had to come from the states.

rockauto.com / lmctruck.com are youre friends and they ship fast :)

im gonna PM you later!

Sili

Well it finally happened :)
I had to look at a few or have them looked at by friends to find many "In very very good shape, just minor rust and maybe a little wet transfercase" to be in a more like "see through the floor - dripping transmissionoil all over" condition.

Found one matching my criteria later but did not meet price-wise with the seller first time.

He contacted me a week later again and we could figure out a price we're both happy with.

Gonna pay him (hopefully) today and getting it registered this week. So hopefully i can get it over to me til sunday and ride it.

Truck itself (pics following as soon as i got it out of its shed and can take em) is good old green one. Already has a 4" lift, a new starter/one new generator and new steering rods.

brakes are fresh, it is primed underneath and im gonna add some wax.

Things todo for me but i am happy with that:

- Valvecovers need ne seals (actually dont know if the are put in with gasketmaker or gaskets. web says gasketsilicone or stuff like that, rockauto has cork/rubber seals)
- Benchseat torn (gonna add a saddle blanket until i find an upholstry shop for me)
- Some chubby box on top of the passenger-side of the dash with 4 gauges for transmissiontemp/pressure and stuff like that. Must be removed and then obviously the dash has to be changed or repaired. But as there is a big touchscreen radio in the dash, i guess its time for a new dash...
- Blackout Lightswitch is gone, two buttons for compressor and a big horn hanging out of there (also need that thing to go or install it in a nice way...)
- Two inner Fenders have started to rust away at the bottom. Gonna remove em, see if i can fab a piece and weld it in. If not im gonna get new ones.

Hope that it will hold up technically for the first time (at least until it gets warm outside :D)

Also i had a good offer from a SS-Member from the Neatherlands but i did not find a day to travel there and check it out. Damn ;/

So far :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks