• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fmtv wheel studs

Norinco666

20190929_140150.jpg20190929_140138.jpg

Can any of you fellas point me in the direction of the correct size rim studs for these lmtv wheels? Iam in need of a couple of the longer studs

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is not home depot stuff and I find none on the eBay.

5306-01-369-8893 Features
MRC Parameter Characteristics
AAJD Thread Class 3A
AAJF Thread Direction Right-hand
AASB Fastener Length 2.440 inches nominal
AASK Head Style Dee chamfer
AASL Head Diameter 1.060 inches nominal
AASU Head Height 0.220 inches nominal
AASY Distance from Centerline to Flat 0.3437 inches minimum and 0.3462 inches maximum
AATF Distance from Center of Head to Center of Shank 0.780 inches nominal
ABQZ Internal Drive Style W/O internal drive
AHYM Nominal Thread Diameter 0.625 inches
CMLP Thread Quantity per Inch 18
MATT Material Steel overall
MDCL Material Document and Classification Sae J429, GR8 assn std single material response overall
SFTT Surface Treatment Phosphate zinc overall
THSD Thread Series Designator UNF

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hemtt wheel halves bolts are 3/4" the LMTV wheels use 5/8" studs. Good luck finding longer ones.

Easiest to buy another wheel and salvage those

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parttarget lists Hutchison and Titan as distributors. You could call them and inquire about where to source some of those studs. From experience, Hutchison was very helpful when I was questioning them about runflats and I didn't buy anything from them.

Oshkosh Equipment has a PDF, that Google found, that lists that part number. That usually means they stocked it at one time. They might could help with sourcing as well.

I have also dealt with WBParts several times. They are one of the sourcing companies that come up when searching for military parts. Most will say that companies like that are extremely expensive. I've made 5 purchases from them and 4 of those came in well under what the part went for on Ebay or from the usual vendors. The 5th purchase was a part only they could get. If they're the only ones that can get a part then they can set the price in my opinion. You gotta pay to play. Just another option...

Honestly though, I wouldn't go to all that trouble for a couple of wheel studs if the above options don't work out. The only difference between that stud and a normal nut and bolt is the splines on the shank. The studs are designed so that all the work can be done from one side of the wheel. It's a necessity for lug studs to be this way so the whole wheel hub doesn't have to be disassembled to remove a wheel. On wheel studs though, you always have access to both sides since you have the wheel off when changing a tire. The critical job of the wheel stud is clamping the halves together. This can be accomplished with a nut and bolt since both sides are accessible.

I don't see a grade listed for the stud in any of the specs, so I'd use a G80 5/8-18 flange head bolt of the length you need and a matching flange head interference lock nut. Probably won't find those at your local hardware store, but a specialty fastener place like Fastenall should have them.

Where are all the nuts for those wheels?

Norinco666

Parttarget lists Hutchison and Titan as distributors. You could call them and inquire about where to source some of those studs. From experience, Hutchison was very helpful when I was questioning them about runflats and I didn't buy anything from them.

Oshkosh Equipment has a PDF, that Google found, that lists that part number. That usually means they stocked it at one time. They might could help with sourcing as well.

I have also dealt with WBParts several times. They are one of the sourcing companies that come up when searching for military parts. Most will say that companies like that are extremely expensive. I've made 5 purchases from them and 4 of those came in well under what the part went for on Ebay or from the usual vendors. The 5th purchase was a part only they could get. If they're the only ones that can get a part then they can set the price in my opinion. You gotta pay to play. Just another option...

Honestly though, I wouldn't go to all that trouble for a couple of wheel studs if the above options don't work out. The only difference between that stud and a normal nut and bolt is the splines on the shank. The studs are designed so that all the work can be done from one side of the wheel. It's a necessity for lug studs to be this way so the whole wheel hub doesn't have to be disassembled to remove a wheel. On wheel studs though, you always have access to both sides since you have the wheel off when changing a tire. The critical job of the wheel stud is clamping the halves together. This can be accomplished with a nut and bolt since both sides are accessible.

I don't see a grade listed for the stud in any of the specs, so I'd use a G80 5/8-18 flange head bolt of the length you need and a matching flange head interference lock nut. Probably won't find those at your local hardware store, but a specialty fastener place like Fastenall should have them.

Where are all the nuts for those wheels?

In my pants

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my pants
Seems questionable at best. With a childish comment like that, it's amazing that they've even dropped...

I was going to offer you a couple studs out of a bent wheel I had....AND enough new nuts to do all those wheels, since I have about 1200 new ones. AND they would've been all for the cost of shipping. But hey, you can spend your money now fool. Maybe Memphis can find you a towbar so you can drag that foot out of your mouth. D@mn youngin's and their mouths...

20190930_154818.jpg

Norinco666

Seems questionable at best. With a childish comment like that, it's amazing that they've even dropped...

I was going to offer you a couple studs out of a bent wheel I had....AND enough new nuts to do all those wheels, since I have about 1200 new ones. AND they would've been all for the cost of shipping. But hey, you can spend your money now fool. Maybe Memphis can find you a towbar so you can drag that foot out of your mouth. D@mn youngin's

Dont need any nuts or else i would of asked some you people get to offended ��

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

I was going to offer you a couple studs out of a bent wheel I had....AND enough new nuts to do all those wheels, since I have about 1200 new ones. AND they would've been all for the cost of shipping. But hey, you can spend your money now fool. Maybe Memphis can find you a towbar so you can drag that foot out of your mouth. D@mn youngin's and their mouths...

View attachment 777993
wow

ramdough

View attachment 777993
Tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks